Monday, October 29, 2007

hints - how it could help ??

I have a database with 2 nodes RAC on Linux Itanium 64 bit of course.

users always ask me " why my query so slow, when it is on 9i database it is not too slow". the I'm digging into "what make it slow".

I found I nice SQL which is something like this:

select .....
function_get(....).....
function_get(....).....
function_get(....).....
from (select ........
from ( select .....
from a, b)
)

it almost full day I played with the query....
trial and error was done... by add some hints ....

and finally I resolved by some hints with add a cumulative index ....

/*+ first_rows leading(a b) use_nl(a b) use_index(a a_xxxx_idx_0011) use_concat NO_PUSH_SUBQ(a) */

wowww.... it's so long.... look like train....

I dont think so this is due to oracle database, but it should rely on application design problem :(


ujang
jakarta - indonesia

No comments: